Last night we celebrated our 20th annual reading of banned and challenged books on Missouri Western's campus. Readers included EML and Prarie Lands alums Stacia Studer and Elisabeth Alkier as well as assistant professor Elizabeth Canon.
Readers & BooksMs. Julie Perez, MWSU Education student
• The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
Dr. Elizabeth Canon, Assistant Professor of English, MWSU
• I Corinthians, chapter 13 from the Tyndale Bible
• Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
Ms. Chris Danford, School Board Member, SJSD.
• Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
Mr. Ken Newton, Columnist, St. Joseph News-Press
• The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Ms. Elisabeth Alkier, Prairie Lands Writing Project, MWSU
• Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Dr. Ben Caldwell, Dean of Graduate Studies, MWSU
• The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
Ms. Stacia Studer, St. Joseph School District Teacher of the Year 2015-16
• The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros