Tuesday, July 3, 2012

David Stroud to Teach at Union Star

David Stroud has found gainful employment teaching high school students! David (BSE, May 2011) will be teaching 8th grade through 12th grade English at Union Star High School, which is about twenty miles north of St. Joseph.

He thanks his many professors who have "helped him develop the tools and knowledge to become an effective English teacher in areas he needed the most help," but adds that "if any professor should desire to reach me and offer me words of wisdom, tips, anything really, he or she can reach me at david.stroud.teach@gmail.com ." We'll probaby see David at a Prairie Lands Writing Project soon!


David will be coaching football (the 8-man variety) and girls basketball. He is excited about the opportunities to be involved with the small school in a variety of ways and connect with the students, their families, staff, administration, and the community. "I'm eager to begin my new journey," says David. "I am a high school English teacher. I love the sound of that." So do we.


Congratulations, David! Go, Trojans!


No comments: