Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Latest on Sue Ferguson

Susan Ferguson (BA English-Writing, 1985) writes: "I have returned to Sedona, Arizona, to live after an action-packed year in south Texas. I am currently working part-time at Coconino Community College in Flagstaff, Ariz., where I am teaching two sections of English composition, and at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, where I am teaching a section of creative writing. I am also preparing to release 'Gaze: A Collection of Stories' on Oct. 1, 2010. The book will be published by Ninth Month Publishing Co. and will be available at www.ninthmonthpublishing.com and on Amazon.com.

I will also be a speaker at the Sedona Book Festival on Oct. 2 at the Yavapai College campus in Sedona. Finally, I learned today from the Office of the Vice President at South Texas College that I am one of 15 recipients of the college's 2010 Distinguished Teaching and Learning Award. The project that caught the college's attention was titled 'Public Writing,' in which more than thirty students enrolled in my composition and literature classes at South Texas College wrote and posted personal essays on the National Council of Teachers of English Gallery of Writing website."

Congratulations, Sue! Give her a hard time for being so busy: sue.ferguson@gmail.com

No comments: