Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Catching Up with Anita Ford, MAA 2013



Anita graduated with her M.A.A. in Written Communication (technical writing) in May of this year, and she has been working for Garmin since August. Her official title is Technical Writer in the Consumer Technical Communication department .
 
Anita recently was given input on renaming the department from "Consumer Technical Publications." She's happy to report that the research that she did for her master’s thesis (graduate readiness for the market) proved helpful in her transition from student to technical writer.

"The work at Garmin is complex and challenging, and I love what I do. My only complaint  is the commute, but I intend to remedy that next summer when my lease is up."

We love to hear about what our alumni are up to. Drop any faculty member a line with news to share, and we'll let everyone know.

No comments: